There is a gaping hole...
In my chest, for cruel, cruel AP Chemistry devoured my vital innards and ripped my silly, mathematically-inept heart away with big, slimy teeth.
Dears, do you have any similar stories of being absolutely taken (for a fool, idiot, not-a-science-person, etc.) by this dastardly subject, or perhaps triumph stories of how you can name orbitals with the best of them?
I don't quite know what to do, but I suppose it serves me right for reading a novel last night instead of looking through my first ever practice free response packet.
Regardless of all of that, there were ninety nine of us who took the test today, and I will be very keen to see the results of Mr. Bracken's Everyone-Can-Be-a-Chemist (and get a "5" !) egaltarian experiment. I, for one, was not mentally suited to take the class, both by merit of work ethic (and lack thereof) and fundamental disposition (and lack thereof) and should have realized my mistake before early may.
Overheard whilst walking down the hallways to claim this computer:
"I feel like I have been hit by a train."
EXACTLY.
Love,
Jessi
Post-Script: My tattered TASP shirt and the innumerable charms of Nunn/Corbu have failed to make me an intellectual superstar. Something must be dreadfully amiss. But, the old boy Corbu did merit a very brief (and exultory) reference by my very British Mod. Brit. Fiction professor the other day--he described Christopher Isherwood's language as being "extremely Corbusian and modernist-chique." E.g.: "I am a camera with its shutter open, quite passive, recording, not thinking." Nevertheless, I was extremely pleased to see our old St. Louis world collide with the much less idyllic present reality, even if only for a passing second.
Dears, do you have any similar stories of being absolutely taken (for a fool, idiot, not-a-science-person, etc.) by this dastardly subject, or perhaps triumph stories of how you can name orbitals with the best of them?
I don't quite know what to do, but I suppose it serves me right for reading a novel last night instead of looking through my first ever practice free response packet.
Regardless of all of that, there were ninety nine of us who took the test today, and I will be very keen to see the results of Mr. Bracken's Everyone-Can-Be-a-Chemist (and get a "5" !) egaltarian experiment. I, for one, was not mentally suited to take the class, both by merit of work ethic (and lack thereof) and fundamental disposition (and lack thereof) and should have realized my mistake before early may.
Overheard whilst walking down the hallways to claim this computer:
"I feel like I have been hit by a train."
EXACTLY.
Love,
Jessi
Post-Script: My tattered TASP shirt and the innumerable charms of Nunn/Corbu have failed to make me an intellectual superstar. Something must be dreadfully amiss. But, the old boy Corbu did merit a very brief (and exultory) reference by my very British Mod. Brit. Fiction professor the other day--he described Christopher Isherwood's language as being "extremely Corbusian and modernist-chique." E.g.: "I am a camera with its shutter open, quite passive, recording, not thinking." Nevertheless, I was extremely pleased to see our old St. Louis world collide with the much less idyllic present reality, even if only for a passing second.



1 Comments:
Ach, you lot are terribly clever! I feared as such was coming, and had smiled at myself with the sinking knowledge that such a strategy would be highly effective.
Adjudicating My Own Sentence,
Jessi.
P.S.: Dear Andrei, Self-aggrandizing as I may sometimes appear, I really doubt that this is an issue of "justice." Reticence or Gossip, perhaps, unless the right-to-know can be cited, but justice? Nothing, it seems, is quite just about the finer processes of the educational selection process. The system is biased towards students with conclusion-making proclivities, and not towards those who diligently love over their cost-benefits analyses and live every day in fear that the satisficers will conquer the globe! Yes, let us talk justice.
Post a Comment
<< Home