Commisery is Less Misery!
...and collective sentiments are more fun!
As the cruel clock dances to a final close on Monday morning (or perhaps Monday at midnight, for the more enterprising among us), I am quite curious to know who has yet to give the final "oui" to their ultra-suave college suitor.
Unfortunately, I must remain reticent until my coin-flipping retinue stops fussing over the way that I keep my tally-marks. Honestly--my mother gets very angry when I designate the loser of one match (usually Swarthmore, since Brown always wins) "tails" in the next match, since "tails" seems to be the mark of the winner.
Whatever to do?
We can tell each other the final standings, or leanings, perhaps, and delight in our comparative debate.
But making a final decision is another matter entirely.
Yours Only Half-Facetiously,
Jessi
(Brown '10/ Swarthmore '10/ Umich '10 / Chicago '10 / OSU '10...or not.)
As the cruel clock dances to a final close on Monday morning (or perhaps Monday at midnight, for the more enterprising among us), I am quite curious to know who has yet to give the final "oui" to their ultra-suave college suitor.
Unfortunately, I must remain reticent until my coin-flipping retinue stops fussing over the way that I keep my tally-marks. Honestly--my mother gets very angry when I designate the loser of one match (usually Swarthmore, since Brown always wins) "tails" in the next match, since "tails" seems to be the mark of the winner.
Whatever to do?
We can tell each other the final standings, or leanings, perhaps, and delight in our comparative debate.
But making a final decision is another matter entirely.
Yours Only Half-Facetiously,
Jessi
(Brown '10/ Swarthmore '10/ Umich '10 / Chicago '10 / OSU '10...or not.)



5 Comments:
where did you decide jake, i missed that.
Emily: Oh dear. I've been considering it, but I know that Brown, for example, has a very strict and exclusive sign-your-name-on-the-dotted-line policy. In other words, sending in your card means that you agree that you have withdrawn your applications EVERYWHERE else. Swat and Mich and OSU, however, do not say that. I think that the Ivy League schools have a policy of cancelling acceptances for students who submit multiple cards, a theory which is enforced by the fact that Brown has no deposit requirement.
Jake: Where will you be matriculating, old boy? Mystery, be gone!
All: Would anyone like to elucidate on the strategies one should employ to move oneself from "waitlisted" to "accepted" ? I don't know if any of you are attempting this, but in my case, it is a prudent and necessary thing to do. Scratch it all. I'm going to send a letter, because that's the closest to honest truth that I'll ever find myself. If they balk, so be it.
i actually know a) someone that got off the waitlist at harvard last year and b)someone else trying to get off it right now.
a did not a) go to harvard or b) follow up on his waitlist, other than to stay on it.
b) is sending them his 3rd quarter grades and an additional letter of rec .
Ah, Adam and Emily, I love you both, and Michigan-at-Large, and TASP-connections, and the Late Rich Dr. Shipman, and the Association, of course (EMILY! DID YOU GET A "RUST BOOK" FROM THE HOUSE? ISN'T IT THE MOST EXCITING THING?)so very much.
And, there is the fact that I sort of would go to Michigan just to see my Telluride Records and all of the nasty, constructive things that Bojun and Josh and my original interviewer have to say about my scatteredness and inconstancy (har har)
Please know that whatever I do decide (which is priority #2, behind stomping through Jane Eyre's silly romance and terrible penchant for using archaic phrases which beg the dictionary...maybe Jane and I should move into a house somewhere and swap angst stores), any non-Michigan committment will not be for want of love.
Amy, I have requested a good word from my alumni interviewer, who has "kindly" neglected to reply to my request. I am planning to send an additional personal essay, since I paid far too little attention to my original application, given my general mindlust for the likes of Reed. Perhaps an additional recommendation is in order, but I'll hold off on the 3rd quarter grades! Egad!
ADAM! MINE EYES ARE IMPOSSIBLY DRAWN TO THOSE INCESSANT CA$H SIGNS! Are you meaning to intimidate me with the immensity of my potential debt at anywhere non-Mich, or to indicate the extent to which I could financially exploit/milk Michigan, given my attendance?
Either way...ach!
I'll post tomorrow when the storm has passed, I promise.
oh man! EMILY! YOU ARE LETTING ME SEE MY PERSONAL FILES!
Post a Comment
<< Home