Tuesday, April 11, 2006

ORE...

...(and I am) GONE. (in how many ways can a young girl squeal ?!?!?)

This has been another Public Statement of Immense Excitement from the Urban Midwest.
Official Count of Aeroplanes to be Ridden: 2
Itinerary: Columbus-->Utah (!!! Mr. Jennings !!!)-->Or-e-gon-->Minnesota-->Columbus
New U.S. Historic Territories to be Conquered: the Pacific Northwest
Lewis & Clark-sian Visions to be Fulfilled: Check.

(Would you like to hear my ceaseless pre-packing chatter about visiting territories vast and strange?)

Wish me luck--I am terrified that my Reed experience will culminate in a recapitulation of the Great Substance Wars! Alas: I really just want to see if the feeling of nostos that all supposed Reedies-by-Predestination experience is something that will visit me, as well!

If I have any spare time at all (time not spent in cars or classrooms or half-sleeping in assorted dorms and shady roadside motels) in these next weeks, I would love more than anything to liberally and frequently announce/commence Coastal TASP Reunions/2-person gatherings of any variety. Intiya, Adam (or anyone else who is sufficiently close or wonderful enough to want to show me around the territory/ catch up on the elusive details of cross-continental Nunnian gossip)--if I am not nailed in the coffin of fatigue on Saturday the 22nd, (or, for you, Adam, on one of the days during which I am observing--though not, as St. John's has stipulated, participating--in a Seminar) we should have East Coast adventures!

Ah! I am so immensely excited for plane-rides tomorrow! Aren't I three years old? I feel like a cosmonaut, minus the training and Cold-War mindset.

Singing Praises to the West Wind,
Jessi

1 Comments:

Blogger goodbye, goodbye said...

Oh, Noah--you're charming!
I'll have to call those Old Testament fellows, because it seems these writers of Genesis got you all wrong. Those tiresome fellows lost the absolute vibrancy of your character in all of those begats!

(And begat you did!)

Remember that one time when you were drunk and your sons saw you naked and laughed and then you damned Ham and Japeth?

Way to praise the Lord.

Exeunt Biblespeak.

a. Hurrah for your Internship! Will it be something media-related, or gay-culture-related, or anthropology/museum-related?

b. I'll kiss the Utah dirt (dust? sand? What do you call your soil-stuff in the land of Zion) hello/goodbye for you, dear, and will hope that the sunshiney light of Mormon redemption will cheer me up in all of that Oregon rain.

c. Send some of your toothsome Mormon breeders out to the lonely prudish Midwest. New Albany is looking to increase its population from 5,000 to 25,000 in fifteen years, and I've decided that if you hardy Mormons can do one utopia, you can do two. Also, I want to have a toothsome Mormon husband (at least for the summer) so that I can put it on my resume.

d. For all of those who witnessed the P.T. Barnum fiasco--it's happening! It's happening

Sleepytime.

4/11/2006 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home