Monday, March 27, 2006

In(nunn)dation By Rather Good Things

Dear Blog! You are my true love!

A few very, very rapid words of good news in my Just-Drove-in-From-Michigan-Now-To
-Start-My-3h00-OSU-Course chaotic spew of malformed idea & sound:

1. Carleton said "YES!" (with very little financial aid)
2. OBERLIN said "YES!" (with an unprecedented merit scholarship!)
3. Michigan Branch Telluride House said "YES!!!!!"
(With several more exclamation points, because I saw the House in person(s)
for the second time this weekend.)
4. I have documented evidence that Mr. Higuera is live, well and seducing the scholarship department of the Michigan School of Engineering.
5. Full-fledged contact has been established with four members of the Austin TASP.
6. The Cornell Boy stared at me on a bus, and before I knew who he was, spat out
"I didn't like TASP" and something to the effect of "Boo, Utopia" and continued his
Neoclassical Pursuits.
7. My Lovely Old OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY is giving me NO MONEY. Read Me, O Danforthians: NO MONEY. This means approximately $2,400 a year, plus a bit of a national
merit scholarship, for all of my academicsy efforts. Although my parents are weeping in the living room from the shock, I could not be more delighted. Goodbye, Columbus!

And the madness must continue!
Apologies again for the whirlwind nature of my list-like prose,
and may all of your almost-early Aprils melt the anxiety into
uplifting weather patterns!

Yours,
Gesso.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiya said...

CONGRATULATIONS.

Oberlin is a Northampton favorite, something like 5-10 people from my high school will go there next year.

3/27/2006 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home