Michigan Says...!!!
Lovers! Countrymen!
Fellow guffawers to David's lewd jokes!
Although this has been a long interlude of worry in the waiting,
the lower part of the peninsula, just as Sufjan promised, has sent
me word (through a rather convoluted series of emails and nastynasty links)
that I am, indeed, welcome on campus in a sort-of official way!
Which means that I am now accepted! (Or have been! Lordie-me, grammar help me!)
And which means that I do, indeed, have a stack of House application essays to prepare!
O! Shall I celebrate with pen and ink, or with another night spent
editing my Reed and Swarthmore essays? Alas, too many college loves!
As we near the dreaded 15th, I wish you all the best of luck in not going quite mad.
And even more luck in putting those hands over your eyes and turning
the final stacks of papers-&-love-made-textually-manifest over to mailmen
and counselors and admissions officers. Let Go! We're doing the best that we can, yesyes?
We will be fine we will be fine they will love us. All of them.
And if those admissions counselors only knew that the whole of us are (and will be)
bound together for most of fathomable eternity because of those assorted and
vine-sy bonds-o-Danforth, they would shriek and faint and engage in other primproper
Ivy League behavior, and love us all the more.
Huzzah for the volley of "----- College Says Have My Children, and Eat the Cake, Too!"
to appear on our hallowed blog in the coming weeks!
With Chapped Lips and West-Coast Rhymes,
Gesso. (Now my schism with OSU is complete! Rah, Michigan, Rah!)
Post-Script: I will send things so very soon, my loves!
Hold on, hold on, hold on! This is the wake of the chaos!
Fellow guffawers to David's lewd jokes!
Although this has been a long interlude of worry in the waiting,
the lower part of the peninsula, just as Sufjan promised, has sent
me word (through a rather convoluted series of emails and nastynasty links)
that I am, indeed, welcome on campus in a sort-of official way!
Which means that I am now accepted! (Or have been! Lordie-me, grammar help me!)
And which means that I do, indeed, have a stack of House application essays to prepare!
O! Shall I celebrate with pen and ink, or with another night spent
editing my Reed and Swarthmore essays? Alas, too many college loves!
As we near the dreaded 15th, I wish you all the best of luck in not going quite mad.
And even more luck in putting those hands over your eyes and turning
the final stacks of papers-&-love-made-textually-manifest over to mailmen
and counselors and admissions officers. Let Go! We're doing the best that we can, yesyes?
We will be fine we will be fine they will love us. All of them.
And if those admissions counselors only knew that the whole of us are (and will be)
bound together for most of fathomable eternity because of those assorted and
vine-sy bonds-o-Danforth, they would shriek and faint and engage in other primproper
Ivy League behavior, and love us all the more.
Huzzah for the volley of "----- College Says Have My Children, and Eat the Cake, Too!"
to appear on our hallowed blog in the coming weeks!
With Chapped Lips and West-Coast Rhymes,
Gesso. (Now my schism with OSU is complete! Rah, Michigan, Rah!)
Post-Script: I will send things so very soon, my loves!
Hold on, hold on, hold on! This is the wake of the chaos!



2 Comments:
oh man, im the only tasper not to have applied to umich yet. but its coming. don't worry. agh. haha. im in a weird mental state right now.
and if id applied to columbia, it would be the EIGHTH,.
congraaaats. I haven't applied either Amy, and I'm not going to. So woohoo.
Post a Comment
<< Home