Monday, December 12, 2005

early mornings

so instead of studying govt i decided to post.

how is everyone's life?

i'm a bit stressed and angry at teachers for scheduled 4 tests this week, but it can't be helped. i've also found out that, thank god, i find out friday and not thursday. i would HATE to have to go to school the day after getting deferred or rejected.

but enough about that. i'm really looking forward to the holidays. despite the fact that i'm not religious, i think christmas time is one of the nicest times of the year, even if it is overly commercialized.

remember our christmas? i don't know if this one will live up, but here's to hoping it does.

also, northeastern folk, etc, we should get together over winter break if you're not going away somewhere lovely.

1 Comments:

Blogger goodbye, goodbye said...

Dearest Amy,

Never forget that central Ohio, with all of our Georgian whatnots and saturated middle-high-class social rungs, is veritably a part of the Northeast! (This said, I am coming in JANUARY. AND I AM GOING TO BE STAYING AT YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE AND MAKING VERY SURE THAT YOU AND DOUG DO NOT GET TOO TERRIBLY INTOXICATED AND/OR NOSTALGIC. Is this good? It is bursting out of me. I had intended to save all planning-sy announcements for Ye Grande Olde Holiday Break, but all rules and standards are falling away! Adieu, Dear Syntax)))/))/)

But really and truly.
Could I come to New York?
O pleasepleaseplease forever?
I will bring food and far too much
reunion-inspired glee to ever express! I SHALL TELEPHONE COME THE 21st, when New Albany High School says "You have been prisoners long enough."

This said, what is your strategy for the opening of the fabled envelope? I was the honored/frightened/panicking recepient of one just twenty minutes past, and I threw the mail on the stove (quite literally!) and requested that my mother leave the house and then promptly paced around the kitchen some seven times before ripping through the shiny golden seal. I very much wish that these elite institutions would attach a cover letter with 72-pt. font declaring "BE HAPPY!" or "GO MOURN! YOUR LIFE IS QUITE OVER!" Alas. No such luck.

Regardless!
A brief announcement and such
a small success! Beloit said yes!

And the best of luck to you, and may we all keep our heads during the Week of Envelopes.

Half-Giddily,
OHIO.
(Jake & Ellen, if my frequent
and unexplained use of our fair state's moniker becomes distressing or monopolistic, please do inform me and I shall leap to adopt something equally nonsensical and more apt!)

12/12/2005 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home