Our Forgotten Ranch
Dear All,
After a number of frustrating attempts, I've gotten through! So: I'm writing with a piece
of a wonderful story, one which I'd love to supplement with photographs if or when they've
become available. The long and short of it is that, after however many years of discussion and
wanton idolatry, I had the opportunity to visit Deep Springs Ranch this weekend. And it was
incredible. I washed many dishes, inadvertently caused a cow to put its foot in a milk bucket,
made a late-night run with the "Mountain Cowboy" to make sure that a newborn calf could stand,
and slept under many stars. I also participated in the slaughter and skinning of a cow, and several discussions
on the meaning of the Nunnian legacy in its various forms. And, despite whatever currents may
have been brewing during Josh's visits, it certainly seemed as if the college (the President and SB
both) were highly in favor of going co-ed. I've never witnessed any place quite like it, nor any
group of people so tightly bound.
But! I'm off to adjust to much larger crowds--just thought I would wave a hand through the
silence and report that I'd made it out to the far corner of one of the mythic poles of our
TASP cosmology. Hope that you all are well.
Take Care!,
Jessi
After a number of frustrating attempts, I've gotten through! So: I'm writing with a piece
of a wonderful story, one which I'd love to supplement with photographs if or when they've
become available. The long and short of it is that, after however many years of discussion and
wanton idolatry, I had the opportunity to visit Deep Springs Ranch this weekend. And it was
incredible. I washed many dishes, inadvertently caused a cow to put its foot in a milk bucket,
made a late-night run with the "Mountain Cowboy" to make sure that a newborn calf could stand,
and slept under many stars. I also participated in the slaughter and skinning of a cow, and several discussions
on the meaning of the Nunnian legacy in its various forms. And, despite whatever currents may
have been brewing during Josh's visits, it certainly seemed as if the college (the President and SB
both) were highly in favor of going co-ed. I've never witnessed any place quite like it, nor any
group of people so tightly bound.
But! I'm off to adjust to much larger crowds--just thought I would wave a hand through the
silence and report that I'd made it out to the far corner of one of the mythic poles of our
TASP cosmology. Hope that you all are well.
Take Care!,
Jessi



1 Comments:
That's awesome!
I spent hours today with TASP interviews - many more to come this week. I <3 TASP all over again.
Post a Comment
<< Home