who among us does not procrastinate
so, i've been downloading a lot of music. this isn't really in the way of recommendations, more like a does anyone listen to these following artists query.
i love the entire wainwright family. aside from rufus, his dad loudon (who everyone in the family hates, or has had some grudge against, apparently, considering that his daughter wrote a song about him called bloody motherfucking asshole) is this great folk singer, as are his aunt and mother the mcgarrigle sisters, and his aforementioned sister martha is great, as well as his aunt sloan wainwright. the genes in this family astound me. i was not half so lucky.
also, i'm a little late with this, but i LOVE yo-yo ma.
and MICHAEL!!! do you listen to puffy amiyumi? probably not, but they're so much fun. my vision of japan is packaged via puffy amiyumi.
for andrei and other electronica lovers, check out aphex twin, they're definitely something a little different.
and sarah! i love the new pornographers. they make me so happy. well, happier. i don't know why, but i feel like at some point you recommended them. i could be making this up.
also, antony and the johnsons. i like them. they did a song with rufus, which is how i ran across them.
the dirty dancing havana nights soundtrack is mindless, terrible fun.
and someone, please, start listening to opera. i love callas, i like renee fleming, and i adore placido domingo. seriously. get to it.
i love the entire wainwright family. aside from rufus, his dad loudon (who everyone in the family hates, or has had some grudge against, apparently, considering that his daughter wrote a song about him called bloody motherfucking asshole) is this great folk singer, as are his aunt and mother the mcgarrigle sisters, and his aforementioned sister martha is great, as well as his aunt sloan wainwright. the genes in this family astound me. i was not half so lucky.
also, i'm a little late with this, but i LOVE yo-yo ma.
and MICHAEL!!! do you listen to puffy amiyumi? probably not, but they're so much fun. my vision of japan is packaged via puffy amiyumi.
for andrei and other electronica lovers, check out aphex twin, they're definitely something a little different.
and sarah! i love the new pornographers. they make me so happy. well, happier. i don't know why, but i feel like at some point you recommended them. i could be making this up.
also, antony and the johnsons. i like them. they did a song with rufus, which is how i ran across them.
the dirty dancing havana nights soundtrack is mindless, terrible fun.
and someone, please, start listening to opera. i love callas, i like renee fleming, and i adore placido domingo. seriously. get to it.



2 Comments:
EVERYONE MUST LISTEN TO THE 1952 ANTHOLOGY OF AMERICAN FOLK MUSIC SIX DISC SET AS EDITED AND COMPILED BY THE NOTORIOUS HARRY SMITH AND RE-RELEASED TO THE APPLAUSE OF GRA(M)MYWINNERS IN 1997.
Really and truly!
And seriously!
I shall provide it, with ample footnotes, and maybe even copies of Smith's initial booklet, to any one of you that wants it, because it has changed my life!
Who doesn't want a song that has a refrain like this:
"You better get ready for Judgment!
You better get ready for Judgment Morning! You better get ready for Judgment! My God--it's coming down!"
(I sing this to my dog,
all of the time.
I think she is developing
a chronic fear of Jesus.
Or maybe I am losing my
chronic fear of blasphemy!!!
And I don't know which is worse!)
Come on! America!
!!!,
Jessi.
any additional spelling errors caused by exuberance are just going to have to rest.
I LOVE THE NEW PORNOGRAPHERS! obnosiouxly catchy stuff.
But anyway... speaking of procrastinating! I am writing my history final about the meanspirited reformers of NY, such as Deforest and Veiller, and I threw out all that junk from TASP, and now I wish I hadnt, cuz I have to go dig it up at the libraries and resort to *tremble tremble*... microfilm.
ARGH.
BTW, this final was due today two hours ago. I have nothing but tidbits of ideas retained since July.
Post a Comment
<< Home