Monday, October 31, 2005

No stories, loves, for fear of general annoyance!
But forgive me while I take a much-needed moment of respite: two and one-half weeks of practical chaos, far-flung gluesticks, inkpots, acres of hemp and seven packages of card-stock later, my "projects" for University of Chicago, Ye Olde Beloit, Silly Bard and the University of Michigan have been packaged and delivered and are FINISHED FINISHED FINISHED.

I think that I shall sink slowly and sighing-ly down into a pile of offshed paper scraps.
I wish that I could expend so much affection on the schools that truly have taken my heart.
Alas! But, there are only two more weeks in which to tackle the whole rest of the bulk of the
list, so that means scant little time for courting the muse. I'll have to re-use all of those hundreds of color-copies...!

The List as It Rests (Is this something of a general announcement? Oh, high deities then forgive me, for I am quite taken by list making. It helps me with the pangs of guilt for never doing anything completely, or on time):

St. John's! (Adam & Family, Ahoy!)
Darling Swarthmore (= Amory Blaine)
REED (= Stephen Daedelus)
Amherst
Oberlin
Carleton
Grinnell
Brown
Yale
Haverford (????duckpond???)
Wash U. (Oh dear me. Hold your breaths whilst I strangle myself. Die in sympathy?)
Cornell (Curses be to the lure of The Association.)

I am swooning in the face of one hundred institutions.
Relegated to 8 1/2 x 11" sheets.
Huzzah, economy-of-words, huzzah!

When is the absolute-latest deadline that any of us are working against (or through, as the case may be!)? We must mark this date and celebrate it and collectively partake in moderately Bacchanalian activities.

And all of the rest of you Early App-ers, welcome me to this world of waiting.

Yours in Dread & Ephemeral Relief,
Jessi.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yale!!!!!!!!!

10/31/2005 3:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well, im applying to 12 or 13 (if things don't go right, anyway, otherwise, 2).

10/31/2005 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home