I've Just Been Ramblin' Round!
My Loves,
In far less time than I should be bothering to explain, the world at large (and perhaps more importantly, the entire drowsy state of Ohio!) will know whether or not the one Miss Jessi Holler, practiced coiner of quality insults and fervent devotee of abject 2-am philosophizing, will be a licensed & sanctioned operator of motor vehicles with a kiss and a pat on the head from the good old Bureau/Department of Motor Vehicles. This involves test-taking, namely driving at reasonable speeds through neighborhoods with many hard-headed children and other such obstructions, and navigating successfully through an artificial "Maneuverability" course designed with causing strife among America's youngsters clear in mind. There are five delightfully tall and angry-inducing cones spaced on the corners of a parking lot (one is twenty feet ahead of such a space, situated somewhere vaguely "in the middle") and my fearful self is required to pull through the space, to pull up with bumper (a part of the car, apparently!) parallel to the aforementioned centrally-located cone. Then, I am required to repeat the same maneuver in reverse, which usually involves the tapping/knocking-down/running over, and over and over again! (depending on the general escalation of my temper) of one of the four dastardly cones. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL. However, I practiced for some two hours last evening, and progressed to the point of massacering cones only every fifth "go." I shall be a good driver yet!
This post is largely extraneous and serves to ward off dread.
Think kind thoughts, parallel lines, and control of the wheels for me
as this morning--perhaps infamous, perhaps glorious!--progresses.
O! And whether I pass or fail, I shall dutifully report.
Adieu, Adieu! And I hope that all goes well & beautifully & sometimes strangely.
Your New Friend,
Jessi Holler
Post-Script: I am back from Michigan! O-H-I-O, you are so flat and familiar.
In far less time than I should be bothering to explain, the world at large (and perhaps more importantly, the entire drowsy state of Ohio!) will know whether or not the one Miss Jessi Holler, practiced coiner of quality insults and fervent devotee of abject 2-am philosophizing, will be a licensed & sanctioned operator of motor vehicles with a kiss and a pat on the head from the good old Bureau/Department of Motor Vehicles. This involves test-taking, namely driving at reasonable speeds through neighborhoods with many hard-headed children and other such obstructions, and navigating successfully through an artificial "Maneuverability" course designed with causing strife among America's youngsters clear in mind. There are five delightfully tall and angry-inducing cones spaced on the corners of a parking lot (one is twenty feet ahead of such a space, situated somewhere vaguely "in the middle") and my fearful self is required to pull through the space, to pull up with bumper (a part of the car, apparently!) parallel to the aforementioned centrally-located cone. Then, I am required to repeat the same maneuver in reverse, which usually involves the tapping/knocking-down/running over, and over and over again! (depending on the general escalation of my temper) of one of the four dastardly cones. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL. However, I practiced for some two hours last evening, and progressed to the point of massacering cones only every fifth "go." I shall be a good driver yet!
This post is largely extraneous and serves to ward off dread.
Think kind thoughts, parallel lines, and control of the wheels for me
as this morning--perhaps infamous, perhaps glorious!--progresses.
O! And whether I pass or fail, I shall dutifully report.
Adieu, Adieu! And I hope that all goes well & beautifully & sometimes strangely.
Your New Friend,
Jessi Holler
Post-Script: I am back from Michigan! O-H-I-O, you are so flat and familiar.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home