Saturday, August 13, 2005

Brevity & Hills of Sand

My Dearest TASP-er Loves,

Huzzah for technological incompetence and internet-induced bashfulness! Alas, I have finally reached out of the comment-lurking and email-mongering depths of my Post-St. Louis Life (and how clear the division!) not to wheel and whine about the missing and the love and the impossibility of time, but to make an announcement of shifting geography to any who may be interested. My apologies if this post dapples liberally in the (foreign!) art of brevity--the hour grows late, and I am immensely proud to say that I have faithfully maintained my Telluride (Non) Sleeping Habits (TM!).
I think I have replaced attempted poesy with parenthetic asides.

However! Onwards towards the announcement!

Tomorrow, then, just shy of the new birth of the dawn, I will be packing (adding dirty
clothes that I have refused to wash to my new living arrangement--the still-unpacked Telluride suitcase!) and joining my family in the hallowed Red Mini-Van for a cross-Midwestern voyage
to the Eastern shore of Lake Michigan. This means you, O Josh, Emily, and Ever-Silent David! Indeed, strapped to my AP Biology Text and gripped with budding awareness of the college applications left at home and the essays still to write, I shall be rolling down sand dunes and losing kites and sticking my toes in the waters of your fine state. All the while, I shall be clinging closely to Sufjan Stevens' "Greetings From Michigan," which is the most beautiful and haunting album to have ever been crafted about a series of places.

I fear, at this hour, most of my sense of purpose has been drained away.
I believe I intended to say all of this so that in case my parents could be convinced,
or in case the loneliness (ach, dreaded being old! all of my ohio-friends have gone roving, and i shall be stranded with a brother, a father, a mother, and a not-friend-of-brother-boy-that-mother-still-believes-to-be-friend-of-brother-and-thusly-invited) becomes too unbearable,
VISITING WILL BE IN ORDER. Is it too soon? I am not quite sure how far Silver Lake (near Holland? Sleeping Bear?) is from the Lansing area or from Ann Arbor (which might rest in close proximity to Toledo?), but I would dearlydearly love to see any-and-all, even if only for a short while. Also! This will be a fine opportunity for many of you to receive Really Bad Postcards From Only Moderately Eventful Places featuring Michigan Wildlife and Natural Landscapes Diametrically Opposed to All Things Archlike.
Sorry, St. Louis(!)
St. Louis(!)
St. Louis(!). (Is this a paradox? O, 2:14 AM!)

Truly, I know that I am clinging to this TASP far too much and far too long,
but this time "back" at home spent "returning" to these normal ways and familiar
habits really seems like the grandest abnormality of them all.
I am still waiting for the walls to shift and a hallway to form
and for all things to be Danforth again...

Huzzah for missing everything
& loving everyone, yesyes?

Love,
A Very Wearied Inefficient Parent-Seducing Punctuation-Dodging Jessi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home