Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Google Does It Again

Google is eating up the internet--this time with an IM service (like AOL)

http://talk.google.com/

Like everything else that google puts out, it's better than everything else (like google maps). It's easy to set up, easy to use, and basically kicks ass. (I sound like a google spokesperson) :P

If you have a microphone and speakers hooked up to your computer, you can "call" people over the internet. I tried it a second ago with my friend in Japan (hint hint) and it came across clearer than a traditional long-distance phone call. It doesn't suck massively as the Yahoo or AIM (does it have this?) services do. The internet is a miracle.

An existing gmail account works for google talk so you don't have to go through some crazy registration process. If you don't have one... well... I have extra invitations for those too (you can't just sign up--I don't know why) and I'll send some over if you need some.

Give it a shot if you have the time... and a microphone and some speakers. And the will to. :P

1 Comments:

Blogger goodbye, goodbye said...

More Technology == My Hitlist consists of the Entire Google Staff and One Chinese Fisherman From Olympia

Prospects of "Phoning" Michael-In-Japan, Perhaps the Above-Mentioned Photographer-Turned-Computer-o-Phile, and Other Faraway Persons Via This Intriguing (but not to be trusted)Service == HUZZAH!

Love Always,
gessooooooooooo

Post-Script: Fish are stupid.
But definitely meat.

8/24/2005 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home